Logo for our sister organization, Student Environmental Alliance! Created by Take Back the Tap’s Secretary Jacob Pollock
- 1 year ago
· Earth week 4/15-4/20: Facebook page
o Monday 7pm Sustainability Showcase
o Tuesday 7pm Food Inc
o Wednesday Keynote speaker
o Thursday Promise Land and Silkwood
o Friday Service Project with Campus grow
· 4/22 Block Party 6pm-?? Garden behind the baseball field
o Chalking 4/14
· 4/25 Sextival 11-3pm in Finchfield House
· 4/26 Maroonziee 1-7pm in Finchfield House: Facebook page
· Faculty support: help out by visiting during office hours to gain support for our campaign or make an appointment with secretary
· Band Times-35 minute blocks/select based on who contacted us first
· Block Party Large Sign: Sunday 6-? At Vinnies house
· 4/16 (two weeks from now) Elections: all positions are up so nominate yourself or others for positions. Attached is a sheet of position and what they do. Email email@example.com for all nominations. The election meeting will meet 1 hour early at 6pm!
· SGA presidential candidate Marie Reimers attended to speak about her campaign
o Facebook page
o Running mate Patrick O’Connor
o Campaign issues
§ Women and Gender Center
§ Bike Sharing provided by University
§ In favor of Divestment
§ 24hr UC
o What do we want?
§ More retrofit kits-other clubs want them too!
o Vote now until April 5!!! Vote here
o Mariah: Protest! May 9th Downtown Lansing to protest leasing of our land for oil and gas companies. Talk/email Mariah firstname.lastname@example.org
o Caitlin: Earth Week Advertisement through music! If you’re are musically adept then contact Caitllin at email@example.com
o Thirst Project Tomorrow at 7pm French Auditorium: Clean water to the developing world. Currently working on Swaziland’s water system.
Have a great week—
- 1 year ago
Our first meeting for anyone following who is on CMU campus is Tuesday January 15th at 7pm in Brooks 201. FREE PIZZA for those who attend!
- 1 year ago
Our legislation has passed in both CMU’s student body house and senate! We are now one step closer to ending the sale of bottled water on Central Michigan’s Campus!
At our meeting we talked about the revised legislation that was passed in SGA, as well as the plans to create or more goal oriented legislation that will actually do what we want it to do. We concluded the meeting by create water bottle flowers and one of the water bottle people for display. See you all on Tuesday!